Rules and Regulations
Name of the society Registered officeDefinitions and Related clausesMembershipPatrons and life member Defaulting members and misdemeanor Re-Admission General BodyPowers and duties of general bodyGoverning BodySource of income and utilization Power and functions of office bearersResignationVacancyFinancial year Bank Account Auditor and Annual audit Chairman of MeetingsMeetings and quorums Adjourning Meeting Interpretation of Rules Amendment of RulesAnnual General MeetingDissolutionLegal ProceedingsEssential Certificate Name of the society: Mother’s Blossoms Registered Office: The Registered Office of the SOCIETY is situated at C-153, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase I, New Delhi – 110020 or at such places as the Governing Body may from time to time decide. The Registered Office shall remain and be in the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Definitions and Related clauses:In these Rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, the expression “The Act” or “Act” means the Societies Registration Act, 1860 applicable to the National Capital Territory of Delhi and its words and expression as defined in the Act and used in these Rules shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the said Act and rules thereunder.
“Government” henceforth refers to the Central Government as well as the State Governments.
“Member” henceforth refers to the member of the society who has no arrears towards subscriptions.
“Educational Institute” henceforth refers to the educational institutions set up by the Government.
“Recognized” refers to the recognition given by the Government.
“Auditor” refers to the Auditors as defined in The Chartered Accountants Regulation Act.
“SOCIETY” means Mother’s Blossoms the Society/Association to pursue the Aims and Objects as given in the Memorandum.“Governing Body” means the Council which shall exercise full powers on behalf of the SOCIETY.
“Office” means the registered office of the SOCIETY.
“Officer Bearers” means
b) Vice President,
c) General Secretary
“Month” and “Year” means Calendar months.
Back To Top Membership: Any person who (a) is not less than 18 years of age and (b) agrees to abide by the Rules and bye-laws of the SOCIETY subject to the approval of the Governing Body and (c) has studied for at least one academic year in Mother’s International School, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi.
Any person desirous of becoming a Member of the SOCIETY shall if otherwise eligible, submit an application. All applications for admission shall be considered by the Governing Body and its decision shall be communicated in writing to the applicant.
Persons forming the SOCIETY shall be the Founder Members.
Membership fee and funds:
1) Governing Body will determine from time to time the membership fee. At the present, till further amendment the sources of funds will be membership fee, grants, gift and donations from the well wishers of the SOCIETY.
2) Founder Member shall be the Life Member and pay Rs 1000/- each as subscription.
3) For the purpose of subscription, a year shall be reckoned from 1st January to 31st December.
Subscription shall be paid in advance.
Back To Top Patrons and life member: Any highly distinguished person may be co-opted by the Governing Body as an Honorary Patron or Honorary Life Member of SOCIETY.
An Honorary Patron shall get all the privileges of a Life Member except voting rights.
Back To Top Defaulting members and misdemeanour: The Treasure shall issue a written notice for immediate payment to a Member for outstanding dues. If the dues are not cleared within one month from the date of the notice, the case may be brought to the notice of the Governing Body.
If the conduct of any Member is deemed by the Governing Body to be prejudicial to the interest or the prestige of the SOCIETY, the Member shall be called upon by the Governing Body in writing to show why his/her name shall not be removed from the rolls, and in case a satisfactory reply is not received within the specified time, the name of the Member shall be struck off the rolls if a resolution to that effect is passed by the Governing Body convened for the purpose. In case he/she files a written explanation, that will be considered and he/she may be heard in person and the decision of the Governing Body shall be final in the matter, which shall be communicated to the Member in writing.
In the case of termination of membership, the reason of termination shall be communicated in writing to the Member.
Back To Top Re-Admission: A Member may be re-admitted upon the recommendations of the Governing Body of the Society.
General Body: All Members shall constitute the General Body of the Society..
duties of general body: The General Body shall elect the members of the Governing Body of the Society by raising hand. The members will consist of 1. President (1), 2. Vice President (1) , 3. Treasurer (1), 4. General Secretary (1), 5. Executive Members; Minimum –(2), Maximum – (10).
The General Body shall appoint Auditors of the Society, and any other Adviser(s) considered necessary.
A General Body meeting will be convened to meet annually on 26th January at 11AM at premises of Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi to discuss matters on the agenda and to pass accounts.
The Governing Body of the SOCIETY shall be elected once in every two years. They are eligible for re-election. In case there is resignation or retirement or cessation of membership for any other reason, another Member may be nominated by the Governing Body to be ratified by the General Body in its next meeting.
All elections and other resolutions brought before the General Body will be decided by simple majority.
Back To Top Governing Body: The general superintendence, direction and control of the affairs of the SOCIETY and its income and property shall be vested in the Governing Body of the SOCIETY.
a) The President
b) Vice- President
d) General Secretary
e) Executive Members- Minimum 2 and Maximum 10
President of the Governing Body will preside over the meeting of the SOCIETY.
Meeting of the Governing Body may be convened by the General Secretary in consultation with the President to meet at least once in every quarter to discuss matters on the agenda. 1/3rd of the total members shall constitute quorum at any meeting of the Governing Body. In urgent cases, the approval of the members could be taken through circulation of the proposal. In case of difference of opinion amongst the members, the opinion of the majority shall prevail but in case of equality of votes, the President shall be entitled to have a casting vote.
Powers and Functions of the Governing Body
1) Subject to the provisions of the Memorandum, the Governing Body shall have powers to prepare and execute detailed plans and programs from the establishment of the SOCIETY and carry on its administration and management after such establishment.
2) To receive grants, donations and contributions and have custody of the fund of the SOCIETY.
3) To decide different membership levels and corresponding membership fees.
4) To open and operate Bank account.
5) To lay down the policy for the attainment of the aims and objectives of the SOCIETY.
6) To decide the venue and the date of the Annual Meeting.
7) To fill up any vacancy in Governing Body from amongst the Members by nomination.
8) To meet at least four times a year.
9) To approve the audited accounts along with the audit reports.
10) To purchase, hire, receive or lease or otherwise acquire movable or immovable property, or rights or privileges.
11) To collect donations for its funds or for any function.
12) To create, receive or administer funds.
13) To raise or borrow money on the security of the property including rights and privileges of the SOCIETY or enjoy similar rights without security.
14) To invest funds of the SOCIETY on such securities as may from time to time be determined.
15) To appoint committees and sub-committees.
16) To do all such things as are incidental or constructive to the attainment of the aforesaid objects.
17) To recruit the staff and lay down methods of requirement and conditions of their services.
Back To Top Source of income and utilization: Income of the SOCIETY shall be by way of grants, subscription, gifts and donations.
All the income of the SOCIETY shall be utilized to fulfill the aims and objects of the SOCIETY as set forth in the Memorandum of the SOCIETY and no profit thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or the past members of the SOCIETY or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or past members.
Back To Top Power and functions of office bearers: PRESIDENT
President of the SOCIETY besides chairing the meetings of the Governing Body and the General Body, shall operate as the adviser on the broad policy frame work of the SOCIETY.
Vice- President shall preside over the meeting of the Governing Body and General Body in the absence of the President, and if the Vice- President does not attend the meeting the General Secretary shall preside the meeting.
1) The General Secretary will be in-charge of day to day activities of the SOCIETY.
2) All the bills shall be passed by the General Secretary before payment.
3) The General Secretary shall keep the record of the meetings proceedings of the General Body and Governing Body.
4) The General Secretary shall maintain an up to date register of the Members of the SOCIETY and keep a proper record of the same.
5) The General Secretary shall make correspondence with the help of the Treasurer and keep a proper record of the same.
6) The General Secretary shall issue notice of the General Body meeting when required.
7) The General Secretary shall prepare a report of the working of the SOCIETY for the outgoing year and have it approved by the Governing Body for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
8) The General Secretary shall see that all records, documents etc are properly kept in the registered office and nothing is removed or shifted without any valid reason.
9)The General Secretary will act as Treasurer in his absence.
1) The Treasurer shall be in-charge of the funds of the SOCIETY and shall receive all the money on behalf of the SOCIETY. The Treasurer shall disburse no money except on written pay order from the General Secretary and obtain duly receipted vouchers for the same.
2) The Treasurer shall keep a cash book containing regular accounts of all money received and disbursement made, and shall submit up to date accounts in all Governing Body’s meeting along with an abstract statement showing progressive figures and receipts and disbursements according to budget heads.
3) The Treasurer may keep all records of all the documents relating to the accounts.
4) The Treasurer may keep cash sum not exceeding Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand) at any time.
5) The Treasurer shall submit Annual Accounts to the Auditor after it is finalized by the Governing Body.
6) The Treasurer shall look after the realization of the subscription and other dues with the help of the General Secretary.
7) The Treasurer shall prepare a list of all defaulting Members, subscription and other dues if in arrears for more than three months and submit it to the Governing Body for action.
8) The Treasurer will act as General Secretary in his absence.
Back To Top Resignation: All resignations shall be intimated in writing to the General Secretary for consideration by the Governing Body or the General Body as the case may be. All the dues must be cleared properly, if any, before the resignation can be accepted.
An Officer Bearer shall, in addition, have to formally give over charge of the office.
The General Secretary and the Treasurer may submit resignation to the President.