Call for FREE NGO ConsultancyMobile: +91-9324537267
OUR ONLINE PAYMENT DETAILS
Merchant Name : Logicloop
NGO Registration With Govt Of India
GOI OF INDIA GUIDELINES FOR ASSISTING NGOs/VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS
The Ministry of Social Welfare and Empowerment, Government of India, assists NGOs in various ways to bring about social welfare schemes to the weaker and marginalised sections of the society. The ministry has a set of guidelines for NGOs to seek assistance from the government which are mentioned below:-
- The Ministry is charged with the promotion of welfare, ensuring social justice for and empowerment of disadvantaged and marginalized sections of society. It is the responsibility of the Ministry to reach the target group which includes the Scheduled Castes, Minorities, Backward Classes, Disabled, Aged Persons, Street children and victims of Drug Abuse.
- The financial resources available with the Central and State Governments are limited and therefore it is necessary to ensure that the resources of the State are optimally utilized to bring maximum benefit to maximum number.
- The presence of Voluntary organizations is not uniform throughout the nation. Similarly, there are certain spheres of activities that attract more voluntary organizations just as their concentration in some regions. This twin situation often results in disparate development of regions as well as of sectors.
- It is also the experience of the Ministry that some voluntary organizations are better equipped to avail of the financial assistance from the Ministry than others. Ideally, the scarce resource should be available to voluntary organizations according to the regions and sectors that require intervention according to the problems the society may be confronted with and the priorities identified by the Government.
- Govt. and establish other support systems that would gradually reduce their dependence on Govt. Such a policy would enable the growth of more voluntary organizations that can work in more sectors. The objective of the Govt. is not the support of existing voluntary organizations alone, but to encourage growth of new ones as well.
- It should be the intention of the voluntary organizations to obtain support of other sources for their operation. This could be achieved after they are able to establish themselves with the support of the Govt. and prove their usefulness to the society at large.
- Voluntary organizations should also accord increasing priority to the involvement of the community in the social activity that the organization may be undertaking. Community involvement in projects has several apparent and consequential or spin-off benefits.
- Voluntary organizations be encouraged through a system of matching grants to raise resources from the public, business houses, national and international organizations.